16 Aralık 2011 Cuma

TURKEY: THIS COUNTRY IS WORTH TO BE VISITED

by Volha BABAIKA
- Mum, you know, there is a possibility for me to choose the country, where I can study half a year. What do you think about it? To which country should I go? In the list I have: Romania, Poland and Turkey.
- Of course Turkey, my darling! It goes without saying! You will love it…

Everything has begun with the flight on Turkish Airlines. Frankly speaking, it was one of the most comfortable and well-qualified plane in my life-experience. One little thing, that has made the flight even more unforgettable – Turkish meal (rice, beans and vegetables in tasty sauce!) and… raki (it was recommended by steward). So, the start was good, wasn’t it?
Can you imagine that three European girls came to unknown Muslim city – in our case it’s Ankara – almost at midnight without Turkish liras, without any idea how to connect with our friend, who promised to help us? We were like blinded kittens… But, one of security guards of the airport came to us and suggested his help. He was really kind security guard, who helped to exchange our money, who called our friend, who pointed out the necessary bus to the city center. So, it tells a lot about hospitality, isn’t it?
“Welcome to Turkey, dear guests! I think that you are hungry.” – said our Turkish friend - Bulent (we have found him in the Internet and he suggested his help) and proposed to us to try Börek with Ayran. O my God! These were so delicious, so unusual for us…
Another day, when we had seen a big variety of quite cheap fruit and vegetables (and a lot of them were really unknown for us), we thought: “Yes! We are in the paradise!” It tells a lot about nutritious and healthy food, isn’t it?
If you asked me to tell associations words which connected with Ankara it will be:
-         Women. Women with wonderful, long and thick hair. Women with bright features. I really like the beauty of Turkish women. Even when a woman is religious one and wears a scarf on her head it seems very beautiful for me. I understood that real beauty doesn’t depend on the appearance, jewelers or quantity of makeup. The real, nature beauty is more important and more attractive. But, there are some exceptions that have been noticed in Turkey. I’m telling about women, who use a surprising quantity of makeup on their faces.
-          Trade. There are a lot of different stalls, small and large shops, where you can find everything: from nuts and kitchen herbs till halva, from ordinary milk till wonderful olives, from cotton underwear till warm and wool scarfs. It’s so important for girl, isn’t it?
-          Amiability. As I have noticed, a lot of Turkish people are very kind and open-minded. Some of them trying to help you all the time, another ones – to offer you coffee, another to present you some little pleasant things, another ones just asking all the time about our mood, health condition…It’s so enjoyably, isn’t it?
So, only one month has passed after our arrival in Turkey. In spite of this, we have experienced a lot of impressions, have met a lot of people and have felt a lot of new feelings. Of course, I’m a foreigner here but day after day feeling of nostalgia is decreasing and feeling of satisfaction is increasing.
***
-         Mum, I’m a little afraid to go to Turkey…You know it’s so religious, so unknown country for me…
-         Do not be worry! It will be even difficult for you to return home after experience in Turkey
So, now I’m breaking all stereotypical views about Turkey and understand that my mum was right! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Not: Yalnızca bu blogun üyesi yorum gönderebilir.